Friday 27 July 2012

MAC | Hang-up

Hello Lovely's.

I haven't done a make-up post in a while, and that upsets me a bit, nothing makes me feel better than getting a brand new product, i'm sure you will all understand where i'm coming from? The new packaging and what not.

I took the plunge yesterday & bought my first MAC lipstick. Now i'm very reluctant to spend my money as it is, and i usually have to justify everything in my head before i buy it, but yesterday, i just thought, what the hell. I hadn't bought anything since before Magaluf due to extremely low funds, so yesterday, i went for it.

The colour i chose was 'Hang-up'. I first came accross this in Magaluf because one of the girls was wearing it and i thought it looked really nice & i asked to borrow it and i liked it on myself. It's a bit daring and out there but i really liked it anyway.

The colour is described as a deep berry, but i would say it is more brownish. The picture doesn't show the true colour, and i have edited it, but the picture is more true to colour now than it was before editing.



It's a very different colour and i hadn't seen anything like it before, so paying £14 for it seemed worth it to me & i hurridly paid for it before i got chance to change my mind! As far as i remember, it stays on your lips for a fair while and it isn't particularly drying.

If you want to be that shade braver and want to try something a little bit different, this colour is very beautiful and i would deffinately reccomend it. I would probably wear it with very toned down eye make-up because otherwise it could maybe look too dramatic.

Hope you like the post :)

Love Louisa
x

10 comments:

  1. I love that you didn't go for something boring. Everyone has the basic nude colours. This is why I love you!

    Lea x

    http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found my perfect nude on e.l.f so i wanted something different :) & aww thankyou :)
      x

      Delete
  2. wowww i love this colour! I was pretty safe with my first Mac purchase and went for nude - but id love a colour like this - i might have to treat myself. Was this the lipstick you had on in Magaluf in the photos you posted? It really suited you xx :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yepp it's deffinately worth it, and because i won't wear it everyday it will last a while :) & yeah its the one from magaluf :) x

      Delete
  3. hey, I know this isnt about the post , haha, but where did you get your blog button from?:) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, i made it myself, i would tell you how, but it's that long ago i don't remember, search 'how to make blogger blog button' in google and something will come up, im going to have to do it again because i want to change mine haha! x

      Delete
  4. This looks lovely on you from the Magaluf post. It totally suits you! I always have to justify everything too :(
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you :) & it's a good way i suppose, the amount of times i've picked loads of stuff up in different shops, and then i get to the till too only have one thing in my hand because i've put it all back haha! & i'm sorry for the late reply, i read them all on my phone & there isn't an option to quick reply, so frustrating! xx

      Delete
  5. Love this colour, I love bright and deep shades! Much prefer them to nudes, especially if I'm paying a lot for them!! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i probably wouldn't have got it, but i haven't seen anything like it before so i thought that justified the money haha! Unless i had it to splash, i wouldn't pay out for a colour if there is a cheaper alternative :) xx

      Delete